Tips to Prevent Frozen Pipes
Prevent frozen pipes by;
- Insulating pipes most prone to freezing, especially near outside walls, the attic and garage.
- Turning off the outdoor water supply, these faucets will be the first to freeze. Unscrew any hoses you have installed.
- Running a thin stream of water to ensure movement of water in the pipes and avoiding freezing taps.
When the temperature gets well below zero, make sure you;
- Ensure areas that contain indoor water pipes are kept above 8°C, especially near your water meter.
- Consider having someone check on your home occasionally to ensure that all pipes are intact if you are away from your home for an extended period of time.